Friday, February 9, 2018

We interrupt this program:


By special request, I am leaving last years "academic" work for a bit and going back to my first journal pages. 

 I think free-form art suits me more than prescriptions from others but I need both my own explorations and the class.  

art journaling page,  mary m payne

Here is a page from my first explorations of journaling.  

That black and white line that pops ?  That's a black felt pen and some bandage adhesive. I love intensity of the black and white together. 

  I added a "found" motto  to the corner of my spread :" Embrace imperfection".  

These two words were waiting for me in a 4 page spread of random adhesive stickers I found in my first exploration of crafty items.     I found these two words on separate pages.  

 That's the fun of collage collecting. 

Art journaling page by Mary M Payne

No comments:

Post a Comment