Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Paul Coelho quote

Journal page by Mary M Payne


Journal page image transfer:   Mary M Payne

  I found congruence in the simplicity of Paul Coehlo's directive and made that the base note. I threw in some stencil work, acrylic washes and an image transfer.      

This is a spread from my second journal, maybe the 3rd attempt with "image transfer" from a photo printed on an inkjet printer.   I am getting a bit better transferring the ink, even though I had to touch this one up quite a bit.    My photo was taken from an image by Danielle and Olivier Follmi in their book called Wisdom.  

I am starting to dare to use my own lettering on these pages.  It's surprising how scary it is for me  to mess up the page with my personal lettering.  If I were to need to start over it would be hard to correct the page without another layer of Gesso to obscure the "mistakes".   
    I guess creative lettering is another discipline altogether for those art journaling with words.   I can't seem to get away from my "school teacher" writing, but the wavy lines helped me to get creative here. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mary,

    Your latest journal pages are BEAUTIFUL! Thanks for sharing them.

    Love,
    Leonette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased that you are following. All artists love feedback....especially positive.

      Delete
  2. Hi Mary...I really like both of these. You should do more. I do not know anything about the transfer thing you mentioned of transferring a picture printed on your printer. Tell me more.

    Iris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much , Iris, I see that I have another post about image transfer that should have come first. I will now post that one. It will explain a bit more.

      Delete