Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Series: Cicatrice



This is a series called Cicatrice ( scar) I put had up in a group exhibition held at the castle inTourette sur Loup. 
 I am still amused that a famous artist of the area hounded me for the secrets of my techniques for this series. 

 The secret (which I didn't reveal at the time) starts with using a heavy medium or paint so that the paper, (that is stretched on a board with tape),  tears the substrate and leaves a natural rip or "fente" in the paper.   


 That is the beginning step.  "Scar" is related to the theme of several other series I did during this period.    The pieces are now double framed in a passe-partout of 50x70 cm.



Cicatrice by Mary M Payne



Cicatrice by Mary M Payne



Cicatrice by Mary M Payne



Cicatrice by Mary M Payne



Cicatrice by Mary M Payne







No comments:

Post a Comment