Thursday, May 18, 2017

Every Search Begins with Beginner's luck....the Alchemist



 These are the first pages of my first art journal.    You have to go back to being a kid and forget everything you learned in art school to do this kind of journal.   This is not sophisticated.  This is play. 

I found some medical tape in my stock that was used for bandages.   That's the black and white strip cut up and painted with a felt tip marker.   It's fuzzy! 



And this sailboat and parasol were already printed on a roll of paper towels so I just appropriated them and used them in the collage.  

  In starting an journal,  just grab ideas wherever you can.    The point is to please yourself while learning as much about new technique as possible which means trying everything. 

 That spiral is carved out of a piece of linoleum.  The wave and cloud marks in magenta are made by dabbing acrylic with make-up sponges.  

I hope I am encouraging you to start your own journal.  You will not believe how much fun it is to re -visit childhood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment